"HI-City Center is a sensational base camp
for an assault on the city"— Lonely Planet Guide
In the heart of the city
HI-City Center is budget travel at its best: Our 75-room hostel has private rooms and 4- or 5-bed dorms, all with private bathrooms. The beautiful Ivy's Place parlor-style cafe serves free breakfast daily to hostel guests. Our location is the perfect for exploring cultural hot spots, from nightclubs to experimental theater, hip bars to the world-class Symphony.
Around the neighborhood
- • Take in a show at the nearby Opera House.
- • Tour the new Asian Art Museum.
- • Hop on a cable car for a view of the bay.
- • Explore great shops, galleries and nightlife in nearby Hayes Valley.
- • Walk to Union Square, Chinatown or SoMA.
- • Eat at one of many restaurants in our culturally diverse neighborhood.
- • Explore the Mission, Castro and Marina neighborhoods or visit Ocean Beach.